Glenbard Township High School District 87 is pleased to welcome Dr. David F. Larson as Glenbard District 87 superintendent.
â€śIt truly is a privilege to be provided this opportunity to serve as superintendent of Glenbard Township High School District 87,â€ť Larson said. â€śThis first year, I look forward to establishing relationships with the students, parents and staffs of our four outstanding high schools and learning about our excellent programs. It also will be a privilege to live in and integrate my family into such an outstanding community.â€ť
Larson comes to Glenbard District 87 with significant educational experience, including 12 years as superintendent. From 2008 through June 2012, he was superintendent in Birmingham (MI) Public Schools, a 13-school district with 8,200 students.
- Superintendent in Harbor Springs (MI) Public Schools
- Principal of Mount Pleasant (MI) High School
- Deputy principal at Singapore American School
- Assistant principal at Crestwood Middle School Palm Beach (FL) Co.
- Teacher at Twin Lakes High School (now Palm Beach Lakes High School)
Larsonâ€™s educational background:
- Doctorate degree in educational leadership (1989) from Nova Southeastern University
- Masterâ€™s degree in administration and supervision (1984) from Nova Southeastern University
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in social studies from Asbury College (1980)
- Michigan administrative certificate â€“ secondary level
- Florida administration and supervision certificate K-12